Health & Social Care
(option subject at KS4)
Intent: The Big Ideas in Health and Social Care at Atherton High
- To know how individuals grow and develop at different life stages and factors that can affect health and well- being.
- To know the different health and social care services that are available, why people may use them and how to access them.
- To interpret indicators that can be used to measure physiological health and lifestyle data in relation to risks posed to physical health.
- Know how to design and make recommendations for a health and well-being improvement plan for self or others.
- To evaluate the barriers of access to health and social care services to enable learners to understand inequalities and ways to promote the care values within employment.
- Component 1 – LOA
- Component 1B – LOA
- Component 2 – Care Values
- Component 2 – Services
- Component 3 – Health and Wellbeing
- Component 3 – Interpreting Data and Planning