Religious and Moral Education
Intent: The Big Ideas in RE at Atherton High
A curriculum that strives to contribute to a pupil’s spiritual, moral, social and cultural development; to equip pupils with the knowledge and skills to engage with religious, ethical issues and worldviews and developing a sound knowledge and understanding of a variety of religious traditions and cultures.
- To know Christianity is the main religious tradition in the UK and to know key Christian beliefs and practices.
- To know about two world religions (Islam and Hinduism) and to understand the main beliefs and practices for followers of these religions and understand Britain is a diverse community.
- To compare and contrast Christian key beliefs with the religious beliefs from other religious traditions to promote tolerance & respect.
- To consider big ethical and philosophical questions in life from religious and non-religious viewpoints to develop an understanding of the world in which we live.
- To develop and articulate (written and verbal) personal viewpoints and to respect different views and to think critically about big ethical and philosophical issues.
Knowledge Organisers – Summer Term
Knowledge Organisers – Spring Term
Knowledge Organisers – Autumn Term
Learning Journeys 2021 – 2022