Our Pastoral Support
At Atherton High School, we have a skilled and supportive pastoral team to allow students to flourish; providing information, advice, guidance which creates a personalised, holistic support network for every child. We always work in close partnership with teachers, parents/carers and other specialist agencies.
We aim is to identify any concerns or issues at the earliest possible opportunity and remove any barriers to learning which may be preventing our students from reaching their full potential. We pride ourselves on knowing our young people well and develop positive relationships with students and their families.
We respond as quickly as possible to any issues and ensure that difficulties are discussed and resolved in the best possible way. We offer help and support in the following areas:
- Behaviour support/management
- Emotional help (including anger management and counselling)
- Academic support (including intervention work, extended learning, and personalised learning programmes)
- Restorative approaches
- Peer mediation
- Links to specialist external agencies.
At Atherton High School, we pride ourselves on our approach to the whole school collective responsibility to pastoral care and behaviour.
How do Parents/Carers contact the Pastoral team at Atherton High School?
These are the lines of communication for parents and carers:
- Form Tutor
- Head of Year 7 – Mr McKie
- Head of Year 8/9 – Mr Littler
- Head of Year 10/11 – Mrs J Foster
- SEND Team – Mrs Lowe (SENDCO)
- Pastoral – Miss Eaves and Miss Howarth
- Attendance Officer – Mr Littler
- Assistant Headteacher – Mrs Fazackerley
Atherton High School participates in Operation Encompass.
Operation Encompass is a unique Police and Education early intervention safeguarding partnership. This initiative has been implemented across the whole of the Lancashire Police area. If you would like some more information about it, you can view it online at www.operationencompass.org.