Teaching & Learning
Atherton High School is committed to the development of high-quality teaching across the whole school to make learning irresistible for all, leading to improved student progress.
We have a variety of forums to develop teaching and subject pedagogy:
- Weekly curriculum meetings
- INSET days
- Friday CPD ‘Bite-size’
- Staff CPD programme
- Teacher Learning Communities (TLCs) that provide the time and space to engage in professional dialogue
- Coaching model: personalised to needs
- Personal reflection programme using an online platform ‘Lessons Learned’ to facilitate opportunities for staff to reflect on their own teaching practice.
- CPD-K sessions– subject knowledge mastery
- Bespoke NQT/RQT CPD -Teaching Excellence
- Teachers work collaboratively to develop professional learning, knowledge of evidence-based research and to share best practice in a culture of trust, respect and integrity.
In addition, the school offers additional CPD opportunities: NPQ, Emerging Leaders, Greenshaw Trust collaboration, Leadership Matters (Andy Buck), and the Early Careers Framework.