Intent: The Big Ideas in Physical Education at Atherton High
- To experience a variety of roles within physical education and school sport including participant, coach and official; this ensures every pupil can reach their full potential.
- To develop and know a variety of skills, techniques and tactics and how to use them in a variety of competitive sporting activities.
- To use physical education and school sport as a tool to promote lifelong participation and learning through a range of activities and sports, whilst having a positive impact on physical, mental and social well-being.
- To create an inclusive environment that makes physical education accessible, enjoyable and challenging for all pupils within the curriculum, with a look to develop transferable life skills such as resilience, respect and communication.
- To provide a range of extra-curricular activities for all pupils to participate in, both socially and competitively.
Knowledge Organisers – Summer Term
Knowledge Organisers – Spring Term
Knowledge Organisers – Autumn Term