Intent: The Big Ideas in Geography at Atherton High
- To know Geography is present in the UK and is a feature of everyday life.
- To know about the three types of geography (Human, physical and environmental) and their connections to the world that we live in.
- To know about key global issues, such as global warming, that promote tolerance & respect.
- To consider big ethical and philosophical questions from a geographical viewpoint to better understand the world in which we live.
- To be able to develop and articulate personal viewpoints which show critical thinking about key geographical issues.
- 7.1 Connections
- 7.2 Survivor
- 8.1 Urbanisation and Migration
- 8.2 Ecosystem Emergency
- 9.1 Climate Change
- 9.2 Adapting to Adversity
- 10.1 Tectonic Hazards
- 10.2 Climatic Hazards
- 10.3 Physical Landscapes in the UK – Rivers & Coasts
- 10.4 Urban Issues and Challenges
- 11.1 The Changing Economic World
- 11.2 Nigeria
- 11.3 UK economy
- 11.4 The Challenge of Resource Management
- 11.5 Food
- 11.6 Physical fieldwork
- 11.7 Human fieldwork