After consultation with Mr Layzell and the announcement on Monday from the government, that the planned lifting of restrictions is to be extended until July, we have taken the decision to postpone all face-to-face transition events planned at present.
This decision has not been taken lightly, however the mixing of bubbles of pupils from over 20 Primary Schools, means risk assessments at present cannot be met and more importantly this leaves pupils open to exposure. This however does not mean that there will be no face-to-face transition event taking place this year, our plans are to hold a Transition Day on Tuesday 20th July 2021, pending restrictions being lifted.
Further Transition plans so far are as follows:
- SEN transition sessions to start WC 28th June. These sessions will be from 4pm-5pm and will be a 1:1 session organised via individual Primary Schools and Parent/Carers.
- Individual Primary School Teams/Zoom meetings organised to allow pupils to ask questions and meet key members of staff. Mr Mckie will organise these with each Primary School.
- Data forms and the second Transition work pack will be delivered to Primary School next week to be handed out to pupils attending AHS. If parents/Carers could return these data forms back to school at you earliest convenience, that would be greatly appreciated.
- Summer School will still go ahead as planned and the link to access this is: https://forms.office.com/r/S8MDRsyPMM
- If you would like a tour of school, a reminder to contact our school office on 01942 885500 or email email@example.com to book a time with either Mr Mckie or Mr Layzell. The tours will be available after 4pm and diary dependant.
I will envisage to keep everyone updated as much as possible and when guidance dictates. If you do have any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact me directly via my email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr R McKie
Assistant Headteacher Transition and Disadvantaged